- History of Engineering education from apprenticeship to university education.
- The emergence of the engineering sciences in the 19th century and the impact on the role of science in shaping the engineering profession.
- The role and identity of the engineer in society and the role of engineering in wealth creation in various countries through historical periods.
Management of Innovation &Technological Change
- Developing a formal body of knowledge for the Management of Innovation – a practitioner guide.
- Developing an Innovation / New product Development Methodology for manufacturing that fosters creativity.
- The use of S-Curves in the planning of future innovations.
Sustainability and Quality of Life
- Green engineering, ecological engineering, sustainable infrastructure, innovation nations and quality of life measures of performance.