- Major Education Service Features
- Executive Education
- Project Team/Management Education
1. Major Education Service Features
- All education is tailored to your industry so that only relevant subjects are covered.
- Sessions are customized to your own company using data from your operations.
- The cost is not dependent on attendees. Any number up to 25 is feasible.
- Sessions are scheduled to suit your schedule at your site.
2. Executive Education
1/2 Day Executive Overview
This overview of Enterprise Systems focuses on the role of the executives during implementation and the key success factors for implementation. An overview of the core functions and the basic mechanics is provided. The role of systems in performance improvements is also described.
1 Day Executive Overview
Our day long program provides more detail on benefits analysis, organization of the project internally and preparation for implementation. Key functions such as forecasting, master production scheduling, finite production scheduling, and material requirements planning are also covered, depending on your specific needs and priorities.
2 Day Executive Simulation Program
Using actual company product data and your current systems, we involve key functional managers as leaders to help develop a simulation of what running an Enterprise System would be like at your company. Illustrations of the output are presented by your own personnel to help executives appreciate the difference between the way you operate now and the use of an integrated business system.
[/av_textblock] [av_hr class=’invisible’ height=’25’ shadow=’no-shadow’ position=’center’ custom_border=’av-border-thin’ custom_width=’50px’ custom_border_color=” custom_margin_top=’30px’ custom_margin_bottom=’30px’ icon_select=’yes’ custom_icon_color=” icon=’ue808′ font=’entypo-fontello’] [av_textblock size=” font_color=” color=”]
3. Project Team/Management Education
Specialized Session Packages (per session)
To maximize the benefit and retention of education, we offer short 2 to 3 hour comprehensive sessions, several times per week, or back to back in 1 or 2 day sessions. This approach minimizes burn out, is less expensive than other alternatives and is least disruptive to the work environment. It also allows participants to start identifying issues, and initiate some preparation steps concurrently with the sessions. This creates tangible and valuable benefits even before implementation starts. The selection of topics includes:
- ERP Overview
- Current Systems Review Approach
- Current Systems Performance Assessment Approach
- Project Organization
- Cost Benefit Analysis
- Sales Forecasting
- Distribution Requirements Planning
- Master Production Scheduling (MPS)
- Production Scheduling
- Bill of Materials and Routings (Formulations)
- Inventory Control
- Material Requirement Planning (MRP)
- Capacity Requirements Planning (CRP)
- Process Capability Measurement
- Production Activity Control
- Automated Data Collection
- Quality Management
- Cost Accounting
- Cost Estimating and Pricing
- Cost of Quality
- ABC Costing
- Team-Based Organizational Development in ERP
- Successful Implementation and Planning
- Inventory Accuracy Improvement Process
- Policy and Procedure Development
- CIM Planning
- CAD/CAM Management Overview
- CAD/CAM Implementation
1 to 3 Day ERP Mechanics Workshops
More in depth workshops are offered for most of the above subjects. We customize these for the industry (aerospace, automotive, food processing, chemical, etc.). In addition, we can shape these to the individual company and its products at minimal additional cost. The objective of these workshops is to guide the project team’s work in the area in question (structuring bills of material for example). We can combine these with software package training if appropriate.
Other Major IMS/ERP Services
- Manufacturing System Diagnostic
- Planning and Cost/Benefit Analysis
- Requirements Definition and System Selection
- Contract Negotiation Advise
- Accuracy Improvement Methodology
- MRP II/ERP Implementation or Re-implementation
Whether you are beginning a new systems implementation or re-implementing an existing system, it is necessary to ensure your people have both conceptual education and detailed hands-on training. Remember, 80% of manufacturing systems implementation failures are the result of a lack of education and training. Contact AMGI by email to help avoid failure.