AER1601 –Aerospace Engineering & Operations Management-Working with Aerospace Industry
Fall 2017 – Bombardier Aerospace Projects
Team 1-Work and Material Planning and Shop Floor Control
- Inventory Accuracy
- Issuance of Material to the Line
Team 2 -Fabrication Shop Operations Improvement
- Workflow efficiencies, Plant Layout (NOT IN SCOPE), Plan and Unplanned Work, Vendor Part Management
- Capacity planning and Shop Loading, Bottleneck reduction, Order Release, Labour Staffing
- Priority Planning, AGO, Spares, Unplanned work
Team 3 –Labour Tracking and Learning Curves
- Visibility and Usefulness
- How are decisions made?
- Gaps and Inefficences
Team 4 – Methods Engineering Operational Improvement
- How do we manage critical parts using the critical path method? Is it efficient rand effective?
- What are the predecessors and Successors – how is this defined and used? Is it accurate? How do we improve it?
- Line Balancing to Remove workstations (new assembly methods sequencing)